Vegetable Beef Sauce is a delicious cuisine that is stress free and easy to prepare. This recipe can be eaten on it’s own or eaten as sauce or stew with rice (plain, fried and jollof rice), yam, cocoyam or even potato.
Below is a recipe on how to prepare beef sauce to serve the family or a personal treat.
- 400g of Beef
- 10 tbsp of Frytol Oil
- 2 medium sized Onions
- 2 medium sized Carrots
- 2 medium sized Green Bell Pepper
- 1 small root of Ginger
- 6 cloves of Garlic
- A handful of Green Pepper
- 2 tbsp of Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- 1 tbsp of Corn starch
- Seasoning of your choice
INSTRUCTIONS & PREPARATION
1. Wash your hands with soap and water to ensure its clean.
2. Wash your beef to get rid of most of the blood from it.
3. Cut the beef into tiny pieces (Make sure to cut against the grain).
Set aside in a bowl.
4. Prep the veggies for the marinade. Blend the green pepper, onion, ginger and garlic, add add salt to taste.
5. Pour the blended mix onto the meat.
Mix it careful to make sure that every diced cut beef is quoted with the mix.
6. Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and set it aside to marinate for about 30 minutes.
So that the beef will absorb the juices from the mixture.
7. While the beef is marinating, prep your veggies (onion, carrot, green bell pepper) for the sauce. (Wash your veggies with salt water)
8. Get a pan (preferably non stick)
Place it on the stove over low heat.
Add 3 tbsp of frytol cooking oil
Add your prepped veggies starting with the hard ones like the carrots then after about 30 seconds, add the rest to it.
Add 2tbsp of cayenne pepper, salt and seasoning of your choice to taste(To give the vegetables a sweet taste).
Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. (To prevent the veggies from being over cooked and losing its nutrients)
9. Pour the stir-fried vegetables out of the pan onto a clean plate.
Add 2 tbsp of Frytol cooking oil , put it on high heat and then pour the marinated beef into.
Stir to prevent the beef from getting burnt or sticking to the pan.
10. After stir-frying for 7 minutes, mix 1tbsp of cornstarch with 5 tbsp of water then add it to the beef to make the sauce thicken up and give it a caramelized look. (This can take up to 5 minutes).
11. Add the stir-fried vegetables to the cooked beef sauce.
Turn down the heat to the lowest setting
Stir and then simmer for 2 minutes.
12. Now, your tasty vegetable beef sauce is ready to be eaten.
This incredible mix of crunchy vegetables and succulent meat pairs well with everything. Enjoy it with kenkey, rice, yam, plantain, jollof or even banku.
Follow this recipe to experience and enjoy this delicious and very healthy vegetable beef sauce.
Below is a simple video showing you how to prepare vegetable beef sauce.
Video Credit – Sweet Adjeley
YouTube – Sweet Adjeley
NUTRITIONAL BENEFITS OF BEEF
Half of the fats found in beef are monounsaturated similar to the same heart healthy fats found in olive oil. It is a large source of L-Carnitine which aids in fat metabolism.
Did you know that beef provides Glutathione? This ‘Master Antioxidant’ has a score of health benefits with research linking to it. Some of which are reducing the risk of chronic diseases, anti-ageing benefits, strengthening the immune system and increasing longevity, among others.
Remember to always eat healthy.
By – Jane Sackey